Our 2011 fantasy baseball projections will be released one-by-one until the top 100 players have been revealed. These rankings consider past achievements, current performance and expected future results based on standard 5×5 H2H settings.
Question: Who’s the only catcher to have hit 20-plus HRs in each of the last three seasons?
Answer: Brian McCann.
The scariest part?
McCann is entering his age-27 season and will bat in a lineup featuring Martin Prado, Jason Heyward, Chipper Jones and newly-acquired Dan Uggla.
McCann’s batting average (.301, .281, .269) and contact rate (85.5, 82.3, 80.1) have decreased each of the last three seasons as he’s battled a lingering vision problem that two Lasik eye surgeries couldn’t fix. He did, however, start wearing glasses again last May. His batting average with the glasses (.274) was much better than his batting average before (.243).
So what should we expect in 2011?
Everything points to McCann bouncing back from a career-low .269 batting average last season, and there’s nothing to suggest he won’t hit 20 HRs again in 2011. In fact, given the possibility of Prado, Heyward and Jones batting in front of him, McCann could be in for his first 100-RBI season.
|2011 FBI Forecast||575||70||23||95||5||.282|
Image courtesy of: Steve Paluch
The latest from Fantasy Baseball Insiders:
Fantasy Baseball Insiders’ 2011 Big Board:
- Nos. 1-10: Is Pujols Still The Top Pick?
- Nos. 11-20: Where Do Votto, A-Rod and Halladay Fit In?
- Nos. 21-30: Hernandez, Lincecum or Wainwright?
- Nos. 31-40: Heyward, Upton or McCutchen?
- No. 41: Clayton Kershaw
- No. 42: Alex Rios
MLB Trades: Fantasy Impact:
- Frank Francisco Traded to the Blue Jays, Who Will Be The Team’s Closer?
- Mike Napoli Traded to the Texas Rangers: Fantasy Impact
- Vernon Wells Traded to the Los Angeles Angels: Fantasy Impact
- Adrian Beltre Traded to the Texas Rangers: Fantasy Impact
Previous articles from Fantasy Baseball Insiders:
Tags: Brian McCann