2011 Fantasy Projections, No. 24: Why New York Mets’ Jose Reyes Could Be Due For Another 50-Steal Season
Our 2011 fantasy baseball projections will be released one-by-one until the top 100 players have been revealed. These rankings consider past achievements, current performance and expected future results based on standard 5×5 H2H settings.
During a four-year period from 2005 to 2008, Jose Reyes was one of the most elite players in fantasy baseball, averaging 113 runs, 14 HRs, 66 RBI, a whopping 65 steals and a .287 batting average per season. During that four-year span, Reyes missed a total of just 15 games, and was widely regarded as a top-five pick in 2009 drafts.
Reyes has missed 155 games over the last two seasons, however, including 29 last year due to a lingering oblique injury and an overactive thyroid.
Given a clean bill of health this season, there’s nothing to suggest Reyes can’t return to elite form. Still just 27, Reyes will have plenty of opportunity to steal and score batting in front of a (hopefully) healthy lineup which includes Carlos Beltran, David Wright and Jason Bay. Expect Reyes to be among the league-leaders in stolen bases in 2011.
|2011 FBI Forecast||660||105||13||65||47||.290|
Image courtesy of: M. Zeising
Fantasy Baseball Insiders’ 2011 Big Board:
- Nos. 1-10 Is Pujols Still The Top Pick?
- Nos. 11-20 Where Do Votto, A-Rod and Halladay Fit In?
- No. 21: Dustin Pedroia
- No. 22: Chase Utley
- No. 23: Ryan Zimmerman
MLB Trades: Fantasy Impact:
- Frank Francisco Traded to the Blue Jays, Who Will Be The Team’s Closer?
- Mike Napoli Traded to the Texas Rangers: Fantasy Impact
- Vernon Wells Traded to the Los Angeles Angels: Fantasy Impact
- Adrian Beltre Traded to the Texas Rangers: Fantasy Impact
Previous articles from Fantasy Baseball Insiders:
- The Sub-2.50 ERA Curse: Why Five Elite Starting Pitchers May Regress in 2011
- 2010 Batting Average on Balls in Play Leaders: What to Expect in 2011?
- 2011 Closer’s Corner: Papelbon, Cordero & Rivera Are the Only Reliable Options
Tags: Jose Reyes